Neurological Building Block Activities
This workshop is for
Parents • Teachers • Therapists • Counselors
Anyone who wants to enhance learning, for themselves and others
and life in general!
Course Date: Saturday, October 7, 2017 • 9 am to 5 pm
Registration: $140 (if paid by September 23 — $155 thereafter. Buddy Rate: $120/$135
Location: Center Edge office, 4915 E. Pinchot Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85018. directions
Instructor: Kathy Brown, M.Ed.
A one-day workshop providing simple techniques to support integration of the nervous system. These techniques strengthen the developmental foundation and lead to higher functioning in daily life skills.
These techniques were developed by Cecilia Koester, as part of her Brain Gym® for Special Needs Providers course. Kathy Brown is an authorized provider of this one-day workshop.
Click here for course flyer with registration form
What will I experience and learn in the Brain Gym® Course?
• 26 Brain Gym movements and their use to create a state of effective ease
• A variety of simple yet powerful Brain Gym balances that you can use yourself or facilitate with others, including:
• Dennison Laterality Repatterning to integrate the right and left hemispheres of the brain, creating communication and coordination throughout the body
• More advanced balances that enhance our ability to function in the three main cranial/body dimensions (laterality, centering and focus) so the whole system is balanced to communicate, organize and comprehend.
• How to use these practical tools in the classroom or at home.
Who would benefit from this workshop:
- OTs and PTs who work with all ages and levels of functioning
- Anyone who works with clients who have special needs
- Practitioners who work with clients recovering from PTSD, emotional or physical trauma, TBI, or clients who may be overwhelmed by the sensory load from life
- Anyone looking for an adjunct to enhance the techniques that they are currently practicing, by addressing the neurological system at its core
- Brain Gym® instructors who want to add to their professional toolkit
© Copyright Kathy Brown 2017. All rights reserved.
Brain Gym is a registered trademark of the Educational Kinesiology Foundation/Brain Gym International. Please visit the Brain Gym® website at www.braingym.org.