Developmental Building Block Activities
A one-day workshop providing simple techniques to support integration of the nervous system. These techniques strengthen the developmental foundation and lead to higher functioning in daily life skills. While they are especially beneficial for those with a less-mature nervous system, people of all ages and abilities find them relaxing — and delightful!
These techniques were developed by Cecilia Koester, as part of her Brain Gym® for Special Needs Providers course. Kathy Brown is an authorized provider of this one-day workshop.
Course Date: May 9, 2020 (Saturday) • 9 am to 5 pm
Registration: $150 (if paid by September 14 — $165 thereafter.
Buddy Rate: $125 / $145
Location: Center Edge office, 4915 E. Pinchot Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85018
Instructor: Kathy Brown, M.Ed.
Prerequisite: None – All are welcome!
Who would benefit from this workshop:
- OTs and PTs who work with all ages and levels of functioning
- Anyone who works with clients who have special needs
- Practitioners who work with clients recovering from PTSD, emotional or physical trauma, TBI, or clients who may be overwhelmed by the sensory load from life
- Anyone looking for an adjunct to enhance the techniques that they are currently practicing, by addressing the neurological system at its core
- Brain Gym® instructors who want to add to their professional toolkit
- Learn seven techniques/activities that will support neurological integration of the nervous system, strengthen the developmental foundation, and lead to higher functioning in daily life skills
- Understand how these BBAs cultivate reliable, integrated internal patterns that help clients more easily receive and process sensory information
- Experience three learning dimensions (Laterality, Centering, and Focus) and how these BBAs relate to each one, as a basis for knowing which to use with a specific client, and why
- Learn how the seven BBAs presented can positively affect seizure activity. It has been demonstrated that these BBAs can decrease the intensity, duration, and frequency of seizures
We would be happy to schedule a course or workshop
specifically for your group, school, business, or association
Subscribe to Kathy Brown's email communications list
You can join one, two, or all three of Kathy’s email groups, for updates on:
• her Courses schedule • new Blog postings • her Book projects
like the upcoming Educate Your Brain for Reading
© Copyright Kathy Brown 2020. All rights reserved.
All photographs other than instructor portrait images ©Copyright Laird Brown Photography. All rights reserved.
Brain Gym® is a registered trademark of Brain Gym® International, Ventura CA
Please visit the Brain Gym® website at www.braingym.org.